Thursday, June 17, 2010

Featured Etsy Shop - WO STUDIOS



Click on the above link to see and learn more about this striking piece of art)

Original ABSTRACT Modern Contemporary Fine ART
 Painting by Destiny Womack - dWo - 16x20

I happened to run across this fantastic artist when posting in the Etsy forums for shops who wanted their Etsy minis on my blog.  I was immediately entranced with all the vivid colors and shapes of Destiny's  paintings, so I asked her if she would like to be featured.  Happily, she said YES.

Be sure to check out the "June Specials", that are running in WO STUDIOS!

Be sure to read her interview below and then pay a visit to her Etsy shop, WO STUDIOS to see more of her contemporary paintings.

What led you to start creating your art/craft?

I have created many different forms of art my whole life. It was just something that was in me begging to come out - I started painting when I was younger, but it wasn't until I was in my mid twenties that I started becoming very serious about it... it was something that just called to me .

 How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?

It was hard, and I tried everything, but the first time I got myself covered in paint I was hooked. Something about taking something that is a liquid and turning into something with such depth really did it for me.

(Click on the painting's title above to learn more about it)

SALE - Original ABSTRACT Modern Contemporary Fine ART Painting by dWo - LARGE 36x24

What aspect of creating your art/craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I find it all very enjoyeable. The best thing for me is to just let go and lose myself in the painting in the beginning, and then the finished product is my next favorite part.

If you had to choose a fruit OR a vegetable, to describe your art/craft, what would you choose, and why?

I would choose a kiwi.... because at first glance it is something unique and different, a little scary to take in but when you bite into it, is a wonderful new experience sweet and delightful, and nothing like it appears at first.


(click on the above title to learn more about this print)
by dWO

FREE SHIPPING - 11x14 Abstract Contemporarary Modern Surreal Floral Fine ART PRINT

If you had to choose one other medium in which to display your "creativity", what would that be, and why?

I would choose music. I have always had a deep love for it, the composition of music, the writing of the lyrics and perfecting vocal technique. Music can move your soul just as much as looking at a painting

What message, if any, do you want to convey with your art/craft?

I want to convey that you don't have to have a literal object to tell you what to feel or see when you look at a painting. I want my art to be a glimpse into my imagination and hopefully it leads others to take a journey through theirs.

What advice do you have for other artists/crafters?

Don't be afraid to be different, and let others into your world. Even though you may think your world is a little strange, unusual or just downright scary, don't be afraid to share it with others. The best part about any art is being able to see the world and feel it through someone else's eyes.

Great art and interview, Destiny!  One can really use one's imagination when looking at your paintings.  Each person, I'm sure, sees something different when they look at your paintings!   That's what makes them so  unique!

No comments: