Saturday, June 7, 2008

FEATURED ARTIST - CREATIVE BUTTERFLY

Today, I am featuring a shop called the CREATIVE BUTTERFLY! There are so many diverse talents and ideas out on Etsy, and it is always my pleasure to bring some of these artists and crafters to you. It is always interesting and fun to read all of their thoughts and views about their work, and what got them started.


Read below to hear what "Creative Butterfly" has to say about her shop and what got her started.

I am a creative butterfly. I love creating. I have a passion for designing. I've been designing (jewelry, clothing, crafts, paintings and MUCH more) for many years. I want to bring out the creative butterfly in all of you. There are no words to describe the feeling you have when you create something with your own hands. No matter how small, big, ugly, or beautiful. What matters is that YOU made it.

What led you to start creating your art or craft?
I don't even remember! I've always loved crafting. When I was like 10, I remember finding my mom's stash of sewing supplies in a closet. And I actually sat in the closet and made a skirt by hand! It looked horrible but I knew then what I wanted to do.

How did you decide what medium you wanted to work with?
I've always loved fashion. While attending college for fashion design, I taught myself how to make jewelry because I couldn't find anything in stores that I wanted show off with my designs for my shows.

What aspect of creating your art or craft do you find the most enjoyable?

I would say finishing a piece, but I really enjoy finding and searching for the materials. I LOVE beads! But there is also no comparison to someone saying "This is so cute!"

What message, if any do you want to convey with your art or craft?
Have Fun, Be Flirty, Look Good!

What advice to you have for other artists/crafters?

Be patient! I have to tell myself that everyday! Enjoy what you do. When I sit down and make new stuff, I get so excited. I love it!

Thanks, Creative Butterfly, for taking the time to share your creativity and thoughts with us! Be sure to visit CREATIVE BUTTERFLY'S ETSY SHOP and other sites listed below.


BLOG


No comments: