Thursday, June 19, 2008

MY FAIRY GARDEN

My next passion after creating my fiber fantasy sculptures is flowers and taking photos of them. I thought I'd share some of my photos out here. Wisconsin has been hit with a lot of storms, winds, and flooding the past couple of weeks, so it seems like my flowers are taking longer to "get going"! The impatiens in these pots should be huge in another several weeks. They literally overflow the pots. Guess, I will have to have a bit more patience! This is a perfect spot for the fairies to visit, and whenever I look at flowers a can almost see them peeping out at me!

These flowers are perennials, and they come up in profusion every year! For the life of me, I can't remember what they are called! Does anyone know? I believe it is in the daisy family. If you look close you can see the little bee on the right hand side.
This is a closeup of one of the pots by my front door. It seems to be doing the best of all my flowers so far. It is a mixture of begonias, a tiny white flower and trailing ivy.



This is my first lily to open up so far!! There's lots of buds, so I will be looking forward to taking more photos of the whole bunch!

What a dreary place the world would be without all of God's beautiful creations!! Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a Stella de Oro daylily and a bright red and yellow Gaillardia.